As initially mentioned during the class, the following questions should be answered. All answers will be written in the notebook. All the necessary resource/reference/reading materials are already available in the website.
1. What is solid waste?
2. What wastes not included/covered in RA 9003?
3. What is the role of the Ecology Centers?
4. What is a National Solid Waste Management Framework?
5. What is a Solid Waste Management Plan? Its components?
6. What are the other major activities under RA 9003?
7. What does waste processing covers?
8. What is a Materials Recovery Facility? Provide the guidelines in its establishment.
9. What are the three types of disposal. Describe each.
10. Draw/Sketch the waste management hierarchy
11. What is difficult wastes? Provide examples.
12. What is special wastes? Provide examples.
13. What are the waste-to-energy management technology options?
14. What are the basic site selection criteria for a sanitary landfill?
15. Why there is a need to engage the public/community/people in landfilll siting?
DEADLINE: 15 SEPTEMBER 2017
In addition, you have to write a reaction paper on the video clip entitled: HIWALAYAN. The reaction will cover the following questions:
a. What is the central theme of the video clip?
b. Who are the three main characters of the story? Briefly explain their roles.
c. What makes the video interesting?
d. What is the moral lesson from the story?
DEADLINE: 18 SEPTEMBER 2017