Please borrow a book entitled: ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING by VESILIND, P.A, MORGAN, SM. AND HEINE, L.G. (2013) from the library. Read the following sections of the book:
Section 1.3: Sustainability and Cradle-to-Cradle design, page 23-28
Chapter Two: Engineering Decisions, pages 33 - 85
You have to answer the following questions and write them down in your notebooks.
1. What is sustainable material management (SMM)?
2. What is the framework of sustainability?
3. What are the conditions for a society to be sustainable?
4. What is cradle-to-cradle design? What are the three design principles used in Cradle-to-cradle design?
5. What are the benefits derived from cradle-to-cradle design?
6. Examine the two case studies presented in the book. What are the best practices?
There will be a graded recitation in the class and your notebook MIGHT BE CHECKED.