A QUIZ WILL BE GIVEN ON 11 JANUARY 2019 covering Hand-out #1 and Assignment #2, including the Weather Instruments, Climate Classifications, Rainfall Warning and Typhoon Signals. You can get your notebooks at the Planning Office anytime after Xmas.
Wait for the instruction of ASSIGNMENT #3 which is due on 11 January 2019. You answers will be written in your notebook.
THIS IS TO REITERATE the following activities on 08 January 2019.
1. Quiz: It covers the following: RA544, PICE Amended By-laws; Manual of the Professional Practice for Civil Engineers: Sections 1-5.; PD 1594; EO 164.
2. Individual Assignment #2: Newspaper/Online Classified Ads for Civil Engineers Position - 3 clippings
3. Group Work Assignment #1: Company Logo and Profile. Wait for the additional instructions.
Assignment #2 is due on 12 January 2019. Make sure that the journal article selected is relevant to the proposed research topic. The journal article should be part of the submission for this assignment. Observe proper APA referencing.
Please read the DepEd Research Agenda (2016) for potential research topics.
Required reading is Chapter 3 of Paler-Calmorin & Calmorin (2007).
CE5226 CE Law, Ethics & Contracts: No class on 04 December 2018 but Assignment #1 will be collected
There will be no class tomorrow, 04 December 2018. However, Assignment #1 will be collected during the class period. You still required to proceed to the assigned room and someone will collect the copies of your assignments. Late submission will get point deduction.
Visit the website in a regular basis for updates.
Enrolled students should now identify their advisers. There will be two groups (compose of 5 members) and the groups should decide which of the following topics will be pursued.
Otherwise, if you change your topic, you have to submit your new proposals (Chapters 1, 2 and 3) on or before 14 December 2018 with the approval from the adviser of your choice. The groupings will be based on your liking - which means you have to decided by your own based on the proposed topics below:
1. Thermal and Acoustic Properties of ParticleBoard Made from Paper and Plastic Bond with Epoxy Resin ( Morales, Dannah Cae G.)
2. Guidelines of Safety Precautions in Building Construction ( De Roxas, Marvin B.)
3. Proposed Concrete Water Reservoir for the Small Community: A case study of Barangay Balogo (Lutaya, Shela)
4. Shear and Tensile Strenght of an Interlocking Domed Hollow Blocks (Barrios, Anna Justine; Fontamillas, Iris Gabriel; and Mangaring, Diwata)
5. Assessment of Road User's Awareness on Strategies for Controlling Road Traffic Accidents at the Town Proper of the Municipality of Odiongan, Romblon (Fababeir, Arlene G; Forcado, Maria Odessa M; and Relox, Maria Carla M.)
Please provide updates of the status of the final topic selected by the group. The class will meet every Thursday or Friday, 9:00-12:00 AM at CET07.
RES421 CE/EE PROJECT STUDY 2: Draft Copy of the Revised Thesis due on 17 December 2018
After more than 1.5 months from the final defense held in October, each group is required to submit one (1) draft copy of the revised thesis on or before 17 December 2018; incorporating the comments, suggestions, and recommendations of the Panel of Examiners. It is expected that Chapters 4 and 5 have been written based from the results of the study which were not reported during the final defense. Ensure that you properly edited your report and included the major comments raised by the Panel. Please take note that this report is not a proposal copy, this is already an output of your study, thus observe proper verb form. Finally, follow the guidebook!
Copies of your thesis (with comments) are available for pick-up at the Planning Office.
No extension of submission. Please note again that the re-defend is scheduled on 15 February 2019 or earlier dates. Final schedule will be announced very soon.
For those groups whose thesis did not pass during the final defense and need to change the entire project study, you have to submit the research proposal on the same deadline specified. Please coordinate closely with your adviser.